The crowdsourcing code of conduct – for fair cooperation
In collaboration with the Deutsche Crowdsourcing Verband (German Crowdsourcing Organization) and the crowdsourcing providers, Testbirds and Streetspotr, we have developed a code of conduct to regulate the prospective cooperation between service providers, customers and crowdworkers. The goal is to enhance the legislation and establish general guidelines that will make crowdworking, a new form of work, profitable for everyone involved.
The code of conduct includes basic principles
- with regard to the seriousness of the tasks offered,
- with regard to informing the crowdworker about the legal situation,
- regarding fair payment for the crowd,
- regarding crowd motivation,
- regarding task definition and time management,
- regarding freedom and flexibility in the completion of tasks,
- regarding support for the crowdworker,
- regarding communication,
- regarding work environment as well as
- data privacy and sphere of privacy.
The code of conduct can be signed by interested companies and will be continually developed. The basic principles can be read online at
Ines Maione is responsible for marketing and contact person for PR.