The crowdsourcing code of conduct – for fair cooperation
Together with the German Crowdsourcing Association and the crowdsourcing providers Testbirds and Streetspotr, we have developed a Code of Conduct that will regulate cooperation between service crowdworkers, providers and customers. The aim is to establish generally applicable guidelines in addition to legislation in order to turn crowdworking as a new form of work into a win-win situation for all parties involved.
The code of conduct includes basic principles
- with regard to the seriousness of the tasks offered,
- with regard to informing the crowdworker about the legal situation,
- regarding fair payment for the crowd,
- regarding crowd motivation,
- regarding task definition and time management,
- regarding freedom and flexibility in the completion of tasks,
- regarding support for the crowdworker,
- regarding communication,
- regarding work environment as well as
- data privacy and sphere of privacy.
The code of conduct can be signed by interested companies and will be continually developed. The basic principles can be read online at
Ines Maione is responsible for marketing and contact person for PR.