Halloween Time is Pumpkin Time – Part 1
Halloween is coming soon, and clickworker is all about pumpkins this year. Today and each of the next 2 days, you can look forward to a new blog post to get you in the mood. Of course there’s also something to win. ;) So check back regularly!
Halloween Pumpkin Risotto
Ingredients for 4 Servings
- 500g Hokkaido pumpkin
- 2 shallots
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 400g risotto rice
- 120ml white wine (dry)
- 1 liter hot (!) vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp. crème fraiche
- 50g grated parmesan
- Cress or wild herbs to garnish
- Cut the pumpkin open at the top and then hollow it out with a tablespoon.
- The prepared pumpkin can now be cut into small pieces. Chop the shallots as well.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pot and then briefly braise the pumpkins and shallots in it.
- Add the risotto rice to the pot. For a good risotto, sautéing the rice with onions and oil is very important. It doesn’t just give the dish more aroma, but also binds the starch of the rice grains.
- Douse the mixture with the white wine.
- Simmer the risotto for about 20 minutes at medium heat, and during that time keep adding the hot broth to the pot. Make sure the broth is truly hot, otherwise the cooking process will be interrupted and the rice grains may not soften.
- The pumpkin dish is finished when the risotto drops thickly from the cooking spoon and the rice grains are still al dente.
- Finally the crème fraiche and parmesan can be folded in.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper. Done!