Factors for successful article marketing
Productive article marketing relies on the quality of the text that will be published as an article.
Three factors are significant:
- The content meets the interests of the target group.
- The style is informative yet not too promotional.
- The article appears on a website that is relevant for the target group.
Information in the form of tips, insider know-how or news is especially popular. A very lucrative SEO
effect can be achieved in particular when a blog includes links to social media. The strategy of
targeted placement of informative articles is also possible by means of social media portals such as
Facebook or Twitter.
Article marketing follows a fundamental principle of inbound marketing in which the customer is
meant to find the product – in this case through an article with one or several hyperlinks. For
popular topics the provider supplies valuable content, which the potential customer is looking for.
Taken from an SEO perspective a well-written article benefits both parties:
- By using strategically placed keywords and relevant content, the website operator obtains good
positions with Google.
- Google rates backlinks as a positive vote for the website it refers to.
Article marketing therefore creates a win-win situation. An increasing number of companies are
acquiring new customers with this strategy.