Because inbound marketing takes place online, SEO is important. It involves the use of keywords and phrases that optimize content so it ranks well on search engines like Google.
SEO is considered a form of inbound advertising because it leads searchers to content based on their query. By typing in a word, phrase, or question, a search engine will pull out content from the internet that matches their search. With this method, customers and clients are able to seek what a company has to offer instead of the company seeking their business.
Because of the fact that the majority of clicks to any website results from organic searches, it is imperative for a company to optimize their content in order to ensure that it ranks well in search engine results.
SEO techniques for this kind of marketing include:
- Doing keyword research to identify high-value words and phrases
- Building an informative website that utilizes those keywords
- Continuing keyword research and integrating new phrases into blog articles
- Including links on the website and throughout blog articles
- Creating unique content with a relevant title and URL
- Integrating keywords and popular hashtags on social media posts
- Tracking analytics so SEO strategies can be adjusted