Online marketing as a way to increase a web page’s rank
SEO is an important way to increase the search engine ranking of a website, but it does come with some problems. Even the most optimized websites can face a lot of competition, which means the site may appear lower on the search results regardless of a marketer’s efforts. In this case, additional online marketing strategies may be needed in order to boost the page’s rank.
Paid search advertising is an effective way to increase a website’s online search ranking. Search engines sell ad space at the top and bottom of the search engine results pages. These ads appear like the other results on the page, but are labeled as an ad. A site that wouldn’t otherwise rank well could find itself at the top of the first page of the search results using this marketing technique.
However, the ad purchasing process isn’t straight forward. Instead of purchasing the ad outright, Google calculates an ad rank for every ad in an auction with bids for the same keywords and/or phrases.
Google considers factors that include:
- Maximum Bid: The highest amount a site is willing to pay for a click.
- Ad and Website Quality: Quality scores evaluating the ad’s quality and the linked website.
- Ad Position Thresholds: Minimum performance levels required for a specific position.
- Searcher’s Query: The search query entered by the user.
- Ad Extensions: The impact of ad extensions used in the ad.
Through the use of ads, a website can increase its search engine ranking more quickly than traditional SEO methods, in addition to enjoying a variety of other benefits.