Types of SEO text
An SEO text can take many forms, but the one thing all texts have in common is the fact that the content is found on the Internet.
The most common types of SEO text include website content and blog content. However, there are many other forms of text that include:
- Product pages that outline the features of products and services
- Guides that are broken up on multiple pages, or can be viewed on a single page
- Infographics that contain images, text, and data in a visually pleasing way
- Slideshows that feature pictures, as well as accompanying texts
- Glossaries that outline definitions of common terms in an industry
- Directories that provide users with links to websites and helpful resources
- PDF files that appear on the internet and are searchable on Google
- eBooks that appear on the web, whether they are free or require payment
Other types of content can utilize SEO, but they are not directly related to SEO text. For example, videos and images can include alt tags and subheadings that include SEO techniques, even though they are visually-based instead of text-based.
Unique SEO texts are needed for the search engine optimization. Engage us now!
Using keywords and phrases
The most common SEO strategy involves utilizing keywords and phrases. Words and phrases that relate to the page’s topic are sprinkled throughout the SEO text in an organic way, enabling search engines to catalogue them based on those words and phrases. When a user enters a word or phrase that is used throughout the content in the search bar, the text will appear in the search results.
It is important to research keywords and phrases carefully. That includes researching the frequency of certain words and phrases, as well as accounting for the differences in voice searches.
It is crucial that the use of keywords and phrases throughout the content appears natural. It is a good rule of thumb to keep instances of the keyword to between one- and two-percent. It should appear evenly throughout the content.
There are other areas of the page where keywords and phrases can be utilized besides the main text. For example, keywords that appear in the title and/or the first heading of the text tend to rank higher on search engine results pages. Keywords should also appear in the URL, meta data, and page descriptions.
Other SEO techniques
SEO text includes keywords and phrases, but a good search engine optimization strategy includes other techniques as well.
Other SEO strategies that can be used to further optimize text include:
- Increasing the load-time to encourage users to remain on the page
- Using high-value page links throughout the text
- Finding ways to include backlinks in the texts on other websites
- An organized site structure
Many of these strategies do not require altering the text itself. By looking for other ways to optimize the page the text appears on, the content is more likely to rank well with search engines.
Readability of SEO text
There are many SEO strategies that will get text noticed by search engines, but the most important factor is the readability of the text.
The quality of the content should always be considered before SEO strategies. Even the most optimized content will not do well in the search results pages if it does not provide real value to readers. Not only does poor content drive readers away, Google is able to determine the value of the content. If it is not deemed valuable, it will not rank well, regardless of keywords and other SEO strategies that are used.
Creating valuable content includes strategies like:
- Varying the types of text on a website
- Making sure content is at least 300 words long, but longer is often better
- Creating texts that highlight expertise, authoritativeness, or trustworthiness
- Making the text interesting by including features, like photos and infographics
- Including links in the text with high domain authority
Shareability is an important factor as well. By posting SEO text on social media sites, like Facebook and Instagram, users are encouraged to share the content. The more the content gets shared, the more valuable the text appears to search engines.
Developing an SEO text strategy
To ensure all of the aspects of good SEO text come together, it is important to develop a strategy that will achieve a company or organization’s goals.
A good strategy includes clear goals that may include things like driving sales through a website or increasing traffic to a blog. Those goals should include considering the target audience, as targeting teens is very different from targeting Baby Boomers. Based on the goals and target audience of a website, keywords and topics can be researched. By considering the strategy before doing anything else, a business can ensure the text reaches, and is relevant, to its target audience.
Lastly, a good SEO text strategy includes analyzing and assessing the data. That involves tracking page views, backlinks that appear on other sites, comments, social shares, and conversion rates. Based on the information that is gathered, a business can be informed about what SEO strategies to modify, as well as new strategies to undertake in the future.