In collaboration with the Deutsche Crowdsourcing Verband (German Crowdsourcing Organization) and the crowdsourcing providers, Testbirds and Streetspotr, we have developed a code of conduct to regulate the prospective cooperation between service providers, customers and crowdworkers. The goal is to enhance the legislation and establish general guidelines that will make crowdworking, a new form of work, profitable for everyone involved.
The code of conduct includes basic principles
- with regard to the seriousness of the tasks offered,
- with regard to informing the crowdworker about the legal situation,
- regarding fair payment for the crowd,
- regarding crowd motivation,
- regarding task definition and time management,
- regarding freedom and flexibility in the completion of tasks,
- regarding support for the crowdworker,
- regarding communication,
- regarding work environment as well as
- data privacy and sphere of privacy.